Sunday, July 5, 2009

Another one of my own.

Don't get so caught up in the doing of things, that you don't enjoy doing them.

Or someting like that. I am still working on this one. I am trying to say, you know you take the family somewhere and you get so caught up in the details that you don't even enjoy the activity. This happens to me often because I am a always worried about getting there on time, and all the other details. This didn't happen to me on our trip to Yellowstone, I was thinking about the details, but not too much. I enjoyed myself and it was nice. I know there is a phrase about this, but it isn't coming to mind right now. Something like don't get so caught up in the future that you don't live the present, or something like that. Anyone know a good sounding one to add to my collection?

4 comments:

  1. don't drive so fast you forget to smell the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is a journey, not a destination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I like your John, that is just what I was trying to explain. We will stick with yours, even though the other ones are good too.

    ReplyDelete