Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Change

I like change, I think. Well, when it is good change I do. Some people don't like change no matter what kind of change it is, I am not one of those people. Everyone changes over time, but have you ever noticed it while it was happening. I can see myself changing. I started to notice after we got back from Peru. I am sure some of it has to do with my trip, I think most of it does. I met people who are very different from myself and the people I am most often in contact with. I guess my eyes were opened to the idea that there are other ways to live the how I do it. The amazing part is without noticing I was doing it, I took the characteristics I liked that I saw in the people there and used them to change the way I act. I can see that I have changed and am changing and I like it. From what I can see so far it is good change. It was just cool to see that I did it without realizing what I was doing.

5 comments:

  1. so... for those of us not there to see in person what you are talking about. just curious what kind of changing your doing? :) I would love to hear more on it.

    i like change too... i love to move and meet new people and to change my routines and things like that. I wish i could go to peru, it sounds like it was an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I am proud of you doing something like this. It is easy for everyone to see things in other they like, the hard part is changing yourself to become that. You are doing that and it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camilla- what I was mostly talking about I am not sure any of the sisters here even noticed, or that you even can from the outside. But what I noticed while in Peru is the most Peruvians don't doubt themselves. If they think it then that is just the way it is. While I was sick everyone who I saw said this is what you do..... it works. Here you would say, well, maybe you should try this..... it worked for me, so maybe it will work. Anyway, when we got back I realized that I don't have much faith in myself. I also realized other people don't either. Before when I had to do something and wasn't sure I woyld call a sister and say what do you think. She would almost always say what I already thought but wasn't sure. And if she didn't I would usually do it anyway. But if others call me I can tell them what they should do easy. So now I am going on what I think and not second guessing myself. Christopher is very good at that and I always thought it was that he had more cofidence then me, but really it is just about trusting yourself. So now I do even if I am not sure and so far it has been good, I have a way to go before I do it with everything, but I am getting there. That is just one of the things, but this is long so if you want to hear about the other things then just let me know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You also seam to be brighter since you came home, not like you were dumb, I mean you countenance shines. Every time I call you I feel happier, even if I was happy in the first place. I noticed it pretty quick I think I thought it had to do with you being more grateful for what you have and not complaining, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Mands, I am trying to do that too, but seems like the longer I am here the harder it is because well, this sounds mean, but everyone here is always complaining about something, so I guess it rubs off. But I am trying to rub off on others instead.

    ReplyDelete