Friday, January 22, 2010

mostly for myself

If you are complaining about the pile of dirty clothes you have to wash and fold, be grateful you have clothes to wash., some people don't. If you are tired of cleaning your house only for it to get messed up again, be happy you have a house to clean, some people don't. If your kids are driving you crazy and you feel like you aren't equal to the task of raising them, be grateful you have kids to raise, some people don't. If you are arguing with your husband because he just can't do things right, be grateful you have a husband to argue with, some people don't. And last but definitely not least, just when you start to complain that your life is too hard, be grateful that you have a life to complain about, because some people don't.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks!! I needed to hear this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, true. Count your blessings. How we would miss them if we didn't have them and not just the comforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. or, as one of my customers often quips "If you can complain about it, it could be worse!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to remember that all things have an opposite, and so far I have found the opposite is almost always worse than what I'm dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good good post, Hays. I need to hear this about once a week. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this....I needed to snap out of it. I spent yesterday wallowing in my blueness. Thank you! I am greatful for what I have and I have been very blessed in my live. I have a house, a wonderful famil all over the world and I have a light at the end of the tunnel....

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post halley. I think we all need a reminder of this every so often ( i think i am like amy and need to hear it once a week!! ) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It just popped into my head, surprisingly whlie I was folding laundry, but I need to hear it too, I guess I was thinking about some of the family members Christopher has in Peru that are not in the best situations. Wish I could fix it for them, and everyone else too, but then there would be no growth, so yeah, just greatful for everything I have, even the hard parts.

    ReplyDelete