Sunday, January 10, 2010

Peru

Okay, I wont be posting after this for a while because right now life is too busy and so I have to take care of the more important things. But I thought I would post about Peru. It was amazing, we were there for three weeks. It was hard for me to get used to the food, but I did eat some very yummy stuff. I saw some beautiful beaches. We went to Truillo, 9 hour bus ride over night, and there we saw some amazing ruins. They were huge and had so much detail. Some were from as early as 400 ad, I think. Can't describe the feeling I felt walking through them, but it was amazing. I got sick on New Years Eve and wasn't able to go to the party, which was a bummer because I wanted to dance. But I got better before we had to go, which was good. The people there amaze me, both in good ways and not so good. But it is amazing that they have so little but still they give you whatever they can. I also loved how openly they talk about God and their feelings toward Him. In general I loved it and sometimes I already miss it. Christopher has lots of family there and it was cool to meet all of them and get to know the ones I knew better. I look forward to be able to go again sometime.

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and hearing more details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to hear about Peru. I think sometimes Americans are a very closed people - I think perhaps it's somehow related to our prosperity as a nation. When I was in Egypt, where most people had far, far less than even poor Americans, people there would also talk about God a lot, and were very open and inviting and hospitable. Here we have so much more to share, and even a lot of Americans are religious, and yet we're also very private and separated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this brief view into Peru. It must be wonderful to visit a place which is very different from the US, but to have family there and therefore see it from the inside, and not as a tourist.

    I got to see a wee bit of a glimpse, once or twice, into the real Jamaica when I spent a week there, so I know how different the two views can be.

    ReplyDelete