Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pregnant Rant

Okay people, I can't post this on FB so it is going here :-)

In case you were wondering no one pregnant or not likes to be told you look horrible, you look like you feel horrible, you look so uncomfortable, or you look like you are going to pop!

There is never a good reaction to any of these. If you say I look like I feel horrible, either I do feel horrible and you are rubbing it in and reminding me that not only do I feel horrible but I look it too, or I don't feel horrible and you just told me I look like I do. Either way, not good.

On the other hand everyone, pregnant or not, likes to be told they look good, and other nice things. Seems like I either get everyone telling me one way for a bit then the other way for a bit. For now I have been getting the not so good way. Next time I might just say...... Thanks, so do you! :-)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry people have been saying stuff like that to you. You are such a beautiful person, and I find that pregnancy only enhances that beauty. So I'm sure you look lovely! (whether or not you feel it.) And kudos to you for putting up with people and their insensitive comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could try saying, "I feel like crap, thanks! How about you come clean my house for me? Or make dinner? Or watch my kids so I can nap?" That usually shuts them up quick, but you're nice for tolerating it. I agree with Jewels, I think you're beautiful when you're prego. You're the kinda of gorgeous pregnant woman I always wanted to be when I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two. It is just that some people don't think before they speak, I know they don't mean to say rude things. Still I think it would be funny to say thanks, so do you. guess we will see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah yes. not two months ago and i was ranting about the same thing. i feel ya sis. you are beautiful. love you!

    ReplyDelete