Wednesday, September 16, 2009

General thoughts.

A lot has been happening in my life. I am feeling the Lord molding me in His hands. I want to be better, but sometimes don't want to do what it takes to get there. Life I think is a lot like running a race. I used to think running a race was all about the finish, hence the reason why I could never run far. Now I get it, it is about the running, the end doesn't matter much, and even when it matters a lot, it can not be accomplished without the running, the middle. Life is the same way, it isn't about getting to the end, which I am not saying I can't to die, I am saying I am always saying how great it will be when..... You finish it the way you want, I used to say when I got married, now I say when my kids are grown up, I know when that happens I will say, when I have grand kids, then what, then I am old and I waited my whole life to be old? I can't wait to see my children as adults, it is true, but I need to enjoy/live/love the now. Right now. Right where I am in life right now. The middle, the running, whatever you want to call it. I hope I can learn to do this. That way when I am old I can look back at my life and be content with it, with what I did, and who I was. I don't want to be old and look back at my life and think of all the things I wish I had done differently. That's it for now.

4 comments:

  1. THAT is about the wisest thing you have written here thus far. Life is a journey, not a destination as they say. And it is not a straight line from birth to death but a wandering meander full of digressions (that are hopefully interesting and allow you to learn something) and mountains and depressions and swamps and moments when your feet do not even touch the ground. But none of these moments last... they are moments and not meant to be a status quo.

    If you develop a personal philosophy of life (personal, to you alone.. based on who you are alone, not cobbled together from bits that you have been taught or read or the like) it will serve you well on that journey. Then when you come to a fork in the road you will KNOW, in an instant, if your path lies on one fork or ther other -- or off the path entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself doing that too... i cant wait till we have a house again, or till cory makes more money in a few years, or till i can come visit utah again, or untill all my kids are school age, or until they are teen agers and let me sleep in on the weekends! I have been trying latley to embrace the ups and downs of being a mom to little ones, because i may not have any more kids and so this is my time to have a one, two and five year old and as crazy and messy and anoying as it can be i know i will miss them being like this when they grow up. Its a good reminder and thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know I am not the one who thinks like that, thanks Camilla. And 'Life is a journey, not a destination', that should have been the title of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I TOTALLY know what u mean! I have a quote on the top of my blog
    "If you're still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on nearly every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will, to your surprise, miss them profoundly. Time never stands still. Find joy in the journey. Now."President Thomas S. Monson October 5, 2008
    I have it in my kitchen! I read it daily!

    ReplyDelete