Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Trials

Most people think their own trails are harder then those around them, I think mine are a walk in the park when compared. I wish I could do something for them, but I am not God and I am not magic.

On totally different note, I want to start getting ready to have another child. But the fear is I will be taking on more then I can handle, and since you all saw my last post, well you can see why I have that fear. So the question is how will I know when I am ready. I will I know when I can handle three, if I only have two? Yesterday I was talking to someone who reminded me about those compatibility tests that are out there now. You can go over them with the person you are thinking about marrying to see how you would both react in any given situation. They talk about kids, finances, and other stuff. Is there one of those to see if my husband and I are ready for three? At the same time I don't even know why I am thinking about it so much, since I already said it would be march of next year before I even thought about trying again. I don't remember it being this big of a decision the last two times.

Noe is just not the right time, for a list of reasons, and still I am thinking, why?

That is it for today.

5 comments:

  1. forget it, my mind has been made up for me, I will still be waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was about to post some comment. I've struggled with having a third child two - and the first two were really easy for me to decide to have, and to know when. Avram and I just decided to stop waiting (I know, TMI), but not to really try, either. But we only came to this decision really after both going to the temple together with this question in our minds. (Plus there, while waiting for the session to start, I prayed specifically not only, "when should we stop waiting" but listed out for Heavenly Father every single niggling reason for pro or con) For months, one week I decided we were going to wait for a lot longer, and then the next week I would decide that we would stop waiting, but now I feel at peace with where we are.

    Obviously you're going to wait, based on your comment, but when you're thinking of this again, I guess keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure you ever feel ready for a third child. We were not ready and Arthur came anyways! we still feel not ready to have three kids but here we are a year into it! Its the hardest adjustment, at least for us. THe first two kids were much easier to handle and the third has thrown us for a loop! I know how you feel though, becuase we want to eventually have a fourth, well maybe... but neither of us feels like we could have one now or even in the next year becuase we are so overwhelmed as it is. With porter, taylor, and theo i was so sure i wanted to get pregnant and so i guess i am waiting for that certenty again. I wonder if i will never feel it though and we will just have three boys and be done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having children is an act of faith. You never know who you are inviting into your home until years later and then you can't undo it--and even through the hard times, you don't really want to. None of you were that hard. The third is the hardest because that is when you run out of hands but it works out. After the third, if you have more, it didn't seem any more difficult and older kids became helpers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also wanting my 3rd. Ed and I really want to! But I am SCARED to death. It makes me feel better that you are in the same boat! sometimes I feel alone about the subject. I am here anytime to talk! i feel like I need someone to talk to about this a lot too! I actually took out my IUD in august then chickened out -- I have issues lol!

    ReplyDelete