Wednesday, May 19, 2010

pregnancy talk

So I think I might be entering the dangerous stage of my pregnancy. Well, by dangerous I mean the stage were I gain way more weight then I need to. Today everything I put in my mouth tasted good and I wanted more, of everything. The only reason I say I am just entering it is because when I ate a bunch of something that yuck feeling came. That means I am not there yet. With Daniel I gained 47 pounds and with Elena around that, a little less I think. But with Daniel I ate whatever and didn't exercise at all. With Elena I ate better, but still didn't exercise. This pregnancy so far I haven't been too picky about what I eat, since I have been feeling way more nauseous then with the other two. but I have been careful not to eat too many sweets. And so far I have been exercising at least once a week. I guess I now need to be more careful about what I eat, and a another day of exercise each week. Don't get me wrong I know I am going to gain at least 35 pounds and I am ready for that, and know it is healthy for the baby. But I just don't want to gain more then I need to. So that is it for today.

3 comments:

  1. just be careful of the type of exercise you do. I am not sure what type of person might be the best to advise on such things, these days, as "back in the day" I was told I could do any type of exercise that I had been doing, by my doctor, but he was wrong. Sit-ups (which caused my abdominal muscles to come to a point) were NOT GOOD, I learned far too much later. The abs are strong lengthwise (up and down the torso) but have week connections one to another, sideways... that pointing was breaking those connections and was the main cause of my "pot belly" throughout the rest of my life. They said that I could have surgery to fix but there was always the $$ issue, and not being a health issue, it is the sort of thing not covered by insurance when you have it.

    Maybe talk to a female fitness coach, who HAS CHILDREN? Shouldn't be too hard to find one in Utah, I would think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I wanted to be better this time around too. I have been feeling so sick though, and they tell you that eating small snack all day will help. So I gained 8lb my first trimester. Oh well....That is two less than last time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom, I have only been doing Zumba, which is a Latin based cardio workout. It is mostly like dancing, althought they do work the abs some, while standing up, but I generally just don't do that part and just keep dancing. I only do it once a week, and for a few weeks towards the beginning I didn't do it at all. I do take it very easy, but I do have a membership to a gym so maybe if I ever go I can talk to one of their personal trainers who is female.

    ReplyDelete