Monday, May 24, 2010

Can't ever forget

So last night I was going to put Elena to sleep. She hadn't had a nap all day and was tired. So I lay her in her bed and bend over her bed to give her a hug, she grabs my head and pulls it to her chest. Then she sings me a song, "Elena child of God" over and over again, and pets my head. After only a min the singing stops, then the petting stops. I slowly try to lift my head, thinking she can't already be asleep. Without opening her eyes she pulls my head back down. This went on for a few more minutes, me trying to get up and her hugging my head. She was asleep, but didn't want to let go. In that moment I missed my little girl, even though she hasn't grown up yet. I love her so much and in those tender moments I can feel the joy of being a parent, and as crazy as it sounds all the screaming and tantrums are forgotten, and the moments of frustration just melt away.

4 comments:

  1. I love those. please write that in her journal. I know something like that happend with lily and I did not write it down and now I am sad. I love elena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious! I love it when Josh does things like gently pat my face and give me wet sloppy kisses. How sweet is your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really precious. What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sweet! i love moments like that. arthur still wakes up often int he night and comes into my bed ( the crib is right next to my bed) and snuggles me... as much as i get annoyed now i knkow i will miss it when he is bigger.

    ReplyDelete