Sunday, February 13, 2011

25 years old.....

So I turned 25!...... well felt just like turning 24 or any other number. I think, of course I don't know, that it wont bother me much when I turn 30 but who knows. I think it wont because everyone I associate with is in mostly the same stage of life as me but older then me by 5 or more years. My neighbors and women in my ward are mostly 10 or so years older then me with either kids my age or a little bit older. I am the youngest of my sisters (I am not trying to make you feel old). Just everyone around me is older so I may be getting older but I am will always be the youngest of the old people :-)
So this got me thinking, I am gonna make a list of things I want to do before I turn 30, not really a bucket list just things I want to be able to say I have already done when I am 30. So I want to hear what things you all did/would put on your list. This post isn't going the way I was thinking and I am tired so I'm done.

5 comments:

  1. I wanted to have a child and buy a house. I did both, but then again, you did both of those things well before you hit 25, so not much help there! I didn't think I'd have a hard time with 30 until I turned 29. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be done with the child bearing stage of my life. i want to be fit, i want to have a hobby, and visit my mission. those are the things i wanted to do that i have not. i also wanted to go on a mission, graduate, get married, start a family.looks like i have a busy six monthes ahead of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halley, I think I will freak out when you turn 30. 30 always spelled "Adult" to me, and if my baby sister is an adult! What does that make me?

    The 30 year old Katey, was an art director, wore berets and 3 inch heels, ate sushi and drank martinis. Well, I never made art director. (I'm way behind on that one) Berets make me look like a mushroom guy from Mario brothers and I think martinis taste like floor cleaner.

    Now I have a list of "who I want to be at 60" but I'll probably still be my same dorky self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS You only THINK you will always be the youngest of the old people, but there will come a time when your peers start to be younger than you are. (Sisters, of course, will always be all older than you) I was the youngster for a LONG time, work, church, among my friends... Now I'm more in the middle. I have served with other leaders in YW who I assumed were my age, only to find out that they were in elementary school the year I got married. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well i turned 30 on my last birthday. I always wanted to be settled and in a house.. we DID have a house but now back in an apt. There are not many things i thought about doing by age 30... i guess just be married and a mom. I think more of things i want to do in my entire lifetime not by a certain age. What are some of the things you want to do in the next 5 years halley?

    ReplyDelete