Saturday, July 31, 2010

Jewelry!

So over the past few days I sold my jewelry at a boutique. It was fun. Nice to see that people like what I make enough to spend money on it, people who aren't my family :-) also nice to be without my kids for a bit. I admit I loved it. Moms came in with their kids, and they were frustrated because they were touching or making a mess with the food. And I thought it was nice to not have to worry about that for bit. After three long days I did miss them. I do love being with them, but a break was nice too.

Also I am so excited! One because I love making jewelry and two because I love the idea that I might be able to have a business that makes me money. I get all giddy when I am working out the details of my little business. I would love, and am working towards, making this something I could do for a living after my kids are all in school. Something I could earn an income with. It is just in the beginning stages now, but just the thought gets me going. I am tired, but I am happy.

2 comments:

  1. I usually find great fulfillment in being totally exhausted doing something I love - especially outside my home. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and kids, but I find value in expressing myself otherways and being appreciated by other people. I'm so glad you've found something you're so good at and love so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your jewelry Halley! I find it refreshing to get out with no kids for a while.. and i think its important as a mom becuase i get re-energized and theni am a better mom when i come home. How exciting to be starting up a biz, I can imagine its very rewarding!

    ReplyDelete