Thursday, December 23, 2010

Confidence is sexy

How about this phrase? Do you think confidence is an attractive attribute? If you were being honest would you say you are a confident person? I used to be, and would like to be again. I am a person who likes to listen to others and help them talk out their problems, over the years I think that has gotten to me. Hearing all of their insecurities I think has made me over think things and doubt myself. Also I am married to a very confident person. In fact most Peruvians I have met have this confidence. What they say is fact, no doubts. Sometimes it can be annoying, but it is something that is good to have, helpful in life. When you have confidence in yourselves it is easier for others to have confidence in you also. So for now I am slowly, because I know it really is a process, and something that is mind over matter, working on increasing my level of confidence. It happens over small changes, one little decision at a time. So what ate your thoughts on Confidence? Let's hear them....

4 comments:

  1. I think of confidence as being attractive. When you meet people that are sure of themselves it comes through in their demenor and you automatically respect them more than you would of someone that seemed unsure of themselves. The older i get it seems i have less confidence, i suppose its becuase i am less know it all and have more realization that i have no idea what im doing! :) I think its an important trait to work on, because we should have have confidence in our own abilities. Oh and Halley you come come across to me as someone that is confident, just thougt you might like to know! love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that is good to hear, I guess I fake it till I make it, or also maybe I just don't let ALL my crazy show :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree that confidence is attractive. my thoughts about it are that confidence and wisdom are better then just one or the other. if someone is wise when they are confident in their wisdom they are not cocky. for instance,we have all met that "know it all" who spouts off all the time about everything, and never listens to others because they already know it all. I guess what i am trying to say is I think there is a good balance. you can be confident in your abilities yet still open to thinking about others perspectives. And I really think that is you Halley. you are confident but not a know it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are right Tali, someone who is confident is able to admit they don't know everything, no one does, some people think they do, or like to pretend they do but a confident person has faith in themselves and their abilities but understands we are all learning and growing and they can admit they have more room for growth. Thanks for that Tali I think I was trying to know it all, or convince myself I do, but that is not what is going to make me confident. So how do you gain confidence? Hummm....... now to work on that.

    ReplyDelete