Monday, January 24, 2011

Self Control

So did I scare everyone away with that last post? Or are you all just busy, or just reading and not commenting? Either way, right now I am learning a lesson of two in self control, something they say leads to success.

So for right now I am doing a, well call it a diet or detox if you want, but I am calling it an experiment. I am following this thing, starting with only veggies, anyway then you add things each day. And when I say only veggies, the first day you don't eat anything except veggies, no seasoning, no butter, salt, just veggies. And by them selves the first day, then the next day you can mix them, but still only veggies, then some seasoning, then one serving of whole grains, and so on. Wow has it been hard. I am learning how to cook with veggies, something I really need to do and also how to mix and use creative ways to cook. It is a big test in self control. It has been interesting and hard sometimes and fun. I am on day 7 and it is 14 days so guess I will let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. I don't do "dieting" type things, but I've done something like this. I think it's good to experience things in their simpelist most natural form. It becomes the norm to cover things with butter and sugar and what ever. It's good some times to just, eat a carrot. By it's self. And have that be enough. I find the more I simplify, the more I appreciate the complexity. You might find the same thing. Food starts to taste EVEN BETTER because of mindfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you so much Hays! You are rocken the self control adding veggies thing. Not suprising because you you are so strong. I hope to try that one day. right now I know I am too weak, but I am working towards that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right Katey, after three days of only veggies I had some whole grain bread, plain and it was like cake! Yum, I have learned a lot and I am almost done, then to remember what I learned and put into to practice in my real life, kinda a bigger challenge.

    ReplyDelete