Thursday, September 9, 2010

Jewelry

Feeling tired, a little disappointed, but still have hope for tomorrow. We are doing a three day sale, today was the first day, but it didn't go well. There is a great market for our jewelry and in the right place it sells itself, we are just having a hard time finding that place. I know that when you start a business it takes a lot of learning to get things right, and really we are doing well for how long we have been doing it, but I still can't help but be disappointed when things don't turn out the way I had hoped. I love making the jewelry, I love wearing it, I love working on the business side of it ( I get excited when I do it), but I am not super good at sales. There I said it, I am not a sales person. But I know with time I will get it figured out.

Something to look forward to: In a few weeks, 1 and 1/2, Eva is going to Peru! She is going to get us a ton of new beads, sterling silver and gold, and everything with our awesome logo printed on it! I am excited to see it all and start making new pieces. We are going to start holding a monthly girls night in at my house and let everyone see our stuff. The first one will be after she gets back and we will have all out new beads and stuff. I am very excited about that! We are also going to be doing more parties at people's houses, so if you are reading this and want some free jewelry, let me know. :-) That is it for today.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you are doing an awesome job with your business! (as for free jewlery...I would LOVE some!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do a party for you Mares, but even though I can't I might still be able to work out a way to get you some free stuff..... let me work on it. Friday ended up going better and all in all we didn't do bad considering. But I am not holding on to that I am ready for the next step.... Eva is going to Peru and I can't wait, we will have all new stuff! Yay!

    ReplyDelete