Thursday, October 1, 2009

The last phrase was a test.

For me anyway, I just crashed Christopher's car last night, I wasn't hurt and my kids were not in the car, thankfully. But I did see that while it was the buggiest thing and I was wishing it didn't happen, going to cost me both time and money, I still had the choice to let it get to me or not. Of Course I was upset and really mad at myself for a bit, but I realize that I am blessed it was just the car that got hurt, and also that I have the money to fit it. I love my husband, he helped me realize it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought. It is sucky, but it happened the only thing left to do now is work on getting it fixed. If i sat and wished it didn't happen and felt bad for myself or angry at myself, it wouldn't help at all and would only make things worse for myself. While my plans changed for the day and I wasn't able to go out like I had planned when I laid down to sleep last night I was able to because I had let it go. I guess I look at it this way, my plans for the rest of my day were changed, but that is way better then my plans for the rest of my life changing because I was hurt badly. Anyway, my neck does hurt so I think I will try and see the chiropractor, and hopefully the insurance will pay for it. That is that for today.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you feel better! I am sorry that happend to you. Thank you for your words of wisdom. I think that we all need to adopt that kind of additude when life gets us down.
    I love you and call me any time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry! Crashing cars (or any car wreck) is so...frustrating. Because it feels like somehow, someway, you could have avoided it. But of course we can't go back in time, so we really do need to let it go, and move on. You're very wise to have been able to do that so quickly - good to remember for myself. I tend to not let go of things very quickly like this.

    ReplyDelete