Wednesday, October 14, 2009

mean what you say and say what you mean.

Both are hard for me when it comes to my kids. I often get angry and say things without thinking then right after I have said them I realize I didn't mean it. Not rude things, things like, Daniel if you don't _____ then you can't _______. Which is fine if he does what he is supposed to, but I shouldn't say it if I don't mean it. So sometimes I don't mean what I say and often times I don't say what I mean. Am I making sense to anyone but myself? No one knows. Anyway, I am working on pausing for a moment and thinking about what I want to say with Daniel. I can always follow through on what I say, because I know the importance of that, but it is saying what I want where I have a problem. So that is going to be something I am working on. Let's see how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Also, remember in the heat of the moment, sometimes it is possible to be "too specific." Kids are often very literal minded.

    "Do not light fires on wooden furniture" comes to my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am BAD at not following through and its not good cuz it teaches harry nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA mom. I never have lit a fire on wood furniture since.

    ReplyDelete