Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Start each day as if it were on purpose....

That is what I did today, I got my to-do list done the night before for the next day. Then I woke up early, for me 7:15, had a shower and was dressed and ready to go before my kids got up, at about 8 or so. It made such a difference in my day. I am slowly becoming a morning person. I want to be one. In fact when I am wake in the morning I love it, I am not grumpy, I feel good. But the problem is I can't fall asleep at night. I get in bed early, 9:30 or so, but lay awake for a while. I have tried different things. Currently I take melatonin, it helps me fall asleep, but seems like it makes it harder for me to wake up the next morning, though I am not sure yet if it is that or just the season. Any who, I am going to try something else my sister suggested, can't remember the name right now. I really wish I could fall asleep in 5 or 10 minutes like Christopher can. While I am still figuring out the going to sleep, I know the waking up early is good and I am going to try to keep it up for 30 days, that is how long it takes to make a habit. I am also working on a morning routine.

3 comments:

  1. I've been working on this too - I've been (trying to - not always making it) getting up with Avram at 6:30 every morning, which is when he has to get up. I hate the part of draggin myself out of bed while it's still dark outside, but once I'm up and dressed, I actually really like being awake. Even if I'm dead tired, I get stuff done in the morning, and then if I take a short nap while Elisheva's sleeping, I feel like I deserve it so much. Plus I've finally been able to incorporate good scripture study in my day, because my girls were sleeping, and it wasn't night time, when I was about to go to sleep.

    Good luck keeping it up (I keep telling myself that after a month it'll be a habit too - I'm a week and a half in...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are awesome!! I wouldn't ever wake up before the kids-- i need every minute i can get! But i bet if i got up and ready before they came in to wake me up id be much more pleasant! I'm sorry u cant fall a sleep well! :(
    Thanks for the comment on my blog! did u notice the cute shelf you gave Olivia for her bday in her room? I love it and so does she! thanks again :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are actually getting quite a bit of sleep if you go to bed at 9:30 and don't get up until 7. That is maybe why you don't fall asleep easily. You're not tired yet. I go to bed at 10 but am wide awake by 5:30. I am usually tired enough in the afternoon to catch a quick nap if I get the opportunity and I don't always but I can still make it until 10 without a nap. I can usually fall asleep quickly.

    ReplyDelete