Tuesday, November 17, 2009

2012

Okay so Christopher and I went and saw 2012, the movie.  it was good, a little long, and some parts were a bit cheesy, but overall it was good.  Now the question is is the world really going to end on 12-21-12, I really don't think so.  Well, I know it isn't, but what I can't see is how people believe it is going to.  Also I can't understand why people would kill themselves if they thought the world was going to end.  Okay so say I do think it will end in 2012, wouldn't I want to do everything I can now, have fun, enjoy my life, and then, maybe once it starts happening, then go jump off a building, or whatever.  I don't see the logic in doing it now.  What if you are wrong.  This one guy, a professor or something, says he has enough money to live until dec 12, 2012 so he quit his job and is going to spend the time traveling to see the world and try to find the safest place to be.  If the whole world is ending, then how can there be a safest place.  Who knows, I just thought I you give you all my two cents, do with it what you want.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. I watched a thing on the discovery chanel about that. basicly it said people just think that because that is when the myan calander stops. well it seems silly to me to go off of that. that would be like me planning the next 12 months for my family and then people assuming that because nothing was planned after that, thats it. the end of the Hall family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered how that movie was! I also Dont think that is true!! it scares me a bit but I really doubt its going to end all that day! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I know of the Mayan calendar, I concur with a writer in USA Today who wrote "Authors disagree about what humankind should expect on Dec. 21, 2012, when the Maya's "Long Count" calendar marks the end of a 5,126-year era."

    I think (a) it's a lot of hype because (b) many people strongly fear what they do no know or understand. Think of our recently passed calendar marker/turning point... 2000/2001. Heck, we are modern folk, working with our OWN calendar and folks couldn't even agree on when the turning point was to happen!

    Remember the "harmonic convergence" a few years back, when a bunch of the celestial bodies aligned and the "dawning of the Age of Aquarius" (or no... that is before most of y'alls time... LOL) sung around in the musical Hair.

    If you ask me, 2012 is just the day on which the Mayan housewives change the calendar. Just think how much of a hassle it must be to replace one of those huge, carved stone things! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea, with JJ. I read that at the end of the cycle, a new one begins. WOW I am so scared!!! Also that the "end of the world" might mean, the end of the world as we know it. A big change, an enlightenment for mankind. or something like that. I'm ok with mankind learning some big thing that changes the world on in 2012.

    ReplyDelete