Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekends

I love when after the weekend is over I feel relaxed and ready for the week ahead. This was not one of those, but the extra hour helped, it felt later then it was tonight at about 7 so I realized I had a bit of time on my hands and got some stuff done. Now I need to work on not over scheduling myself or my family during these next few months which will be crazy for me. So just know if you are having some type of get together we might not come. If I over do it then I just end up canceling on people and/or doing more then I can handle and dropping the ball, or lots of them, and/or going to too many things and not considering the effects on me and my kids. We need some down time, and that is what is hard for us, or should I say me. Anyway this weekend was nice, but I am glad it is over. I have my work cut out for me. I always like to do big things for my kids b-day and it is coming up. So here I go off to plan their party, wish me luck and all of that.

3 comments:

  1. I'm the same way Halley, I HATE missing things. But M and I are just not used to that pace, so I know now that I can only schedule one thing per weekend. It seems like a little, but, really anymore than that and she gets stressed and I get grumpy and the other "fun" things aren't so fun anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our generation has a problem with over-scheduling. I like feeling busy and yet not to busy all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids cant handle too much, we go to the library on wed for story time and other than that we just go to the park a few times a week. If we went to someones house everyday they would be nightmares!

    ReplyDelete